We know you have questions about Elitch Gardens, and we love answering them! Here are some of the questions we are asked most frequently:
- Where can I find the best deal for tickets?
The best offer can be found on our website or at any Colorado King Soopers location. Please visit our tickets page for the most up-to-date discounts.
- Tips for family fun?!
- Plan your visit when attendance is lightest. Best bets: Weekdays during the summer and any regular operating day during the months of May, June and September.
- Bring a jacket or sweatshirt for cool evenings. You may store loose articles in a locker near the Main Gate or the Water Park (available during Water Park operating hours).
- Smoking is ONLY allowed in designated smoking areas, this includes electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) and vape pens. See the Park Map & Guide for specific locations.
- Arrange a meeting place and time should your party become separated.The Big Wheel is a common meeting area.
- Stop by Stroller Rental if you need a stroller or wheelchair. Come early, as all rentals are on a first-come-first-served basis.
- Review the park map to familiarize yourself with the park’s layout and to help in plan your day.
- To help you plan your day, pick up a show schedule (available at Guest Relations).
- Plan to start your day at attractions farthest from the main entrance. Also, ride your favorite rides when the park first opens or after 5 p.m.
- To avoid lines, plan to eat at non-traditional lunch and dinner hours.
- Make sure children feel comfortable riding our rides prior to getting in line. Toddlers will especially like rides and attractions that are “pint-sized.”
- Minors must be accompanied by an adult guardian or responsible party (18+) for entry/re-entry after 6:00 p.m.
- If you are traveling with small children take a picture at the start of your day in case you get separated. (See additional information in the Lost Parents section of Park Information)
- What type of jobs does the park offer?
Elitch Gardens offers jobs that are fun and fulfilling, whether they are for the season or for the long term. Find more information and apply online on the jobs page of our website. View Jobs
- What is your refund policy?
Tickets, Season Passes and all vouchers purchased on this site are non-refundable. Elitch Gardens does not offer cancellations, refunds, rain checks or exchanges. Please be sure you have selected the correct park, the correct date, the correct tickets and the correct number of tickets before completing your purchase. Tickets are non-transferable and will only be accepted the season that they were purchased.
- What happens if it rains or snows?
Because Denver has such wonderful weather, we rarely have to shut down for weather concerns. Safety is our top priority and we will close the rides in case of severe weather; rides will re-open as soon as storms pass. Elitch Gardens offers a return admission ticket if the weather causes all of the following rides to close longer than 90 consecutive minutes: Twister II, Mind Eraser, Boomerang, Sidewinder and the Water Park.
- You must present your original Elitch Gardens ticket stub to the Guest Relations window in order to receive a rain check.
- Elitch Gardens tickets are non-refundable.
- Season pass holders are not eligible to receive a rain check.
- Once rides resume operation, rain checks will no longer be issued.
- During inclement weather we suggest visiting one of our indoor shows, gift shops or restaurant locations.
- What is a concert VIP?
Concert VIP is available online only and includes early admission into the arena and front of stage access. VIP is NOT a meet and greet pass. VIP is $25 per show and doesn't include park admission. Buy VIP Now!
- Do you offer discounts for groups?
Enjoy great rates for groups and relax with a catered meal in your own private picnic area. For more information, visit our group sales page. Annually, we host hundreds of groups from business, school, union, church and social organizations. Learn more!
- I am not a rider, do you have a special price for me?
No, Elitch Gardens is a pay-one-price facility. Because of the breadth of entertainment offered for all ages, the park maintains the pay-one-price policy for all guests to enjoy the rides, slides, shows and other entertainment.
- I bought my Season Pass, what's next?
The last step to enjoy your first visit to the park is to process your Season Pass. Please visit our Season Pass office located to the left of the admission gate. Be sure to bring the confirmation email you received after your purchase online or the receipt you got at the front gate when purchasing your Season Pass. The attendant will enter the information onto our system, take your picture and you are ready to go! If you have an unprocessed pass and will not be able to use it, it can be processed under someone else. If the pass has been processed already under your name, then the pass cannot be transferred. All sales are FINAL.
The Season Pass Office is open for processing the same hours as the park.
- What is the Elitch Gardens Pre-K pass?
Elitch Gardens offers kids ages 3 - 5 years old a free Pre-K pass. The Pre-K pass grants complimentary admission to Elitch Gardens for the entire 2019 season. Registration coming soon. Learn More
- How do I get the benefits with my Season Pass?
Benefits such as souvenir cups, parking and bring-a-friend passes are based on a deadline basis. Please refer to our website and social media for exact dates. Bring-a-friend passes are valid for a one-time use only. Learn More
- When are the Bring-A-Friend tickets valid?
For 2019, each Season Pass gets 2 friend tickets. Those will be valid in 2019 Monday-Thursday thru June or any regular operating day in September. If you purchase a Season Pass and visit before May 27, 2019 you will receive a third friend ticket that is valid any regular operating day in 2019.
For 2020 Season Passes, each Season Pass gets 2 friend tickets. Those will be valid in 2020 Monday-Thursday thru June or any regular operating day (excluding Special events) in September. If you purchase a Season Pass and visit before May 25, 2020 you will receive a third friend ticket that is valid any regular operating day (excluding Special events) in 2020. If you purchase before August 30, 2019, you will receive a bonus friend ticket valid any day in 2019 starting August 31 in 2019!
Season Pass Holders want to see what you have available? Check out My Pass!
- What happens if I lose my Season Pass?
If you lose your Season Pass, you can get a replacement at the park's Season Pass processing center for a $15 fee. We also offer a one-time lookup for the day for $5.
- How do I make a payment on my PlayAway account?
All payments must be made online and cannot be made at the Park. Update your billing information and/or to make a payment.
Have you received a phone call or email regarding your scheduled Playaway payment? Change your payment method or pay your pay your order in full now through our payment portal.
- What's an EZ-Band?
EZ-Band is a new, more convenient form of Season Pass that is easier to carry around as it is available in a band that can be placed on your wrist-not to mention waterproof.
For more information on EZ-Band visit our EZ-Band page.
- What are the dining plan options?
There are two dining plan options you can add to your Season Pass. The dining plan does not include admission into to the park. A Season Pass is required. Dining plans include a Regular Plan including one meal per day or the Premium Dining Plan with two meals per day.
To learn more visit: Season Pass Dining Plans
- How do I get early entry into the Water Park with my Pass?
Season Pass holders receive 30 minutes early entry into the Water Park. This does not include the initial pre-admit into the park time. Only Season Pass holders can enter Island Kingdom early and must show Season Pass.
- How do I re-enter the park should I have to leave for some reason?
Guests who leave the park and plan to return the same day must get their hand stamped before they leave the park at the exit/re-entry gate. Season Pass holders must present their pass to gain entrance to the park. When Guests return to the park they must go back through security with a proper hand stamp and ticket stub/Season Pass or re-entry will not be allowed. During special events, re-admission may not be allowed. Such notice will be posted at the park entrance. You are free to leave the parking lot as well — just make sure you leave the parking ticket stub on your dashboard.
Minors must be accompanied by an adult guardian or responsible party (18+) for entry/re-entry after 6:00 p.m.
- Are there restricted items that cannot be brought into the park?
Yes. There are restricted items that are not allowed in the park. They are listed below.
- BB guns
- Batteries (we cell)
- Billy Clubs
- Blasting Caps
- Blow Guns
- Bows & Arrows
- Box Cutters
- Brass Knuckles
- Bull Whips
- Butane gas
- Caustic Materials
- CO2 Cartridges
- Compressed Air Guns
- Flammable Liquids
- Glass Containers
- Gun Lighters
- Gun Powder
- Ice Picks
- Lighter Fluid
- Martial Arts Devices
- Metal Studs with points
- Outside food and drink
- Paint Thinner
- Pellet Guns
- Pepper Spray
- Pocket Knives
- Power Tools
- Replica Weapons
- Road Flares
- Screw Drivers
- Spray Paint
- Tear Gas
- Throwing Stars
- Toy Guns
- Toy Weapons
- Wallet Chains
- “Selfie Sticks”
- Can minors enter the park alone?
- At the park assistance?
Guest Relations is located outside of the park to right of the main entrance and inside the park next to the Carousel. Our Guest Relations representatives will be happy to assist you. Also, please visit Guest Relations by the Carousel to claim or report a lost item. This Guest Relations location is also a meeting place for lost parties.
- I lost something at the park!
Lost and Found is located at Guest Relations inside the park by the Carousel.
- Where can I find First Aid?
First Aid Centers are located between 53 Fourteen Burger & Tap and the Mind Eraser, as well as between Hook’s Lagoon and Commotion Ocean Wave Pool (this location is open during Water Park hours only). The First Aid Center does not dispense medication.
- Can I make a park announcement?
Personal paging of any kind is not available. If you become separated from your group, you may leave a message at Guest Relations.
- Do you have any ride restrictions?
For the safety of all park Guests, most rides have height and size restrictions. Most thrill rides require that Guests be 48″ or taller. View our Park Accessibility Guide for more details. Elitch Gardens reserves the right to limit Guests from riding any ride if we believe that ride is not suitable for that Guest. Also, loose articles, cameras and video equipment may not be taken on rides. All rides are subject to availability. Some rides may close temporarily during electrical storms, heavy rain and other weather conditions, or for required maintenance. If a ride is closed all day, it will be posted at the park entrance. Every effort will be made to make the ride available as soon as possible.
- Do you allow smoking in the park?
Elitch Gardens is a smoke-free environment. Smoking in children’s’ areas or ride lines is prohibited. Specific designated smoking areas can be found on park map.
- Do you offer a Military discount?
Discounted Elitch Gardens tickets for members of the Military can be found at most Colorado Military bases. Please contact your closest Military base for pricing and further information.
- Safe and Secure Park Entry
Elitch Gardens is private property and we do not allow firearms or weapons in the park. Many of our rides are thrilling and dynamic and these items are prohibited for general safety reasons. Elitch Gardens works in conjunction with the Denver Police Department and the Department of Homeland Security to develop our firearm/weapon policy. Denver Police Department Officers working on property are the only persons permitted to carry a firearm or weapon. For your safety we use electronic screening devices at the main gate. Since metal objects may activate this system, please allow our staff to inspect bags and purses upon request.
Umbrellas are only allowed in if they are normal rain size umbrella with a non-pointed top.
- Lost Parents
Children who become separated from their parents or group will be taken to Guest Relations located near the Carousel. Children should be instructed to ask the nearest team member for help in case they get lost. Team members are identified by Elitch Gardens name tags. Families should decide on a meeting place, such as the Big Wheel, in case the party is separated.
- Guests with Disabilities
At Elitch Gardens, our goal is to accommodate the needs of our Guests. Legitimate Safety Requirements are in place to ensure your safety as we provide an entertaining experience with fair and equal treatment for all Guests. Elitch Gardens follows all state and federal legislation. Per the Colorado State Statute 7 CCR 1101-12 Section 2-5-1 (A) – “Amusement ride and device owners/operators are required to operate each ride or device in accordance with these regulations, adopted codes and all manufactures’ recommendations as applicable.” Our Guide to Ride is available at the Guest Relations office. Guests who wish to use the accessible entrance, have a prosthetic device, or have questions regarding the Legitimate Safety Requirements must first visit Guest Relations to receive a Ride Access Pass. Boarding times will be issued at the ride location.
- Technical Support:
For Online Purchases Only. Technical support provided by telephone 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
Technical support agent cannot provide the following: event specific information such as hours of operation, detailed information about the entitlements associated with tickets and passes, detailed information about events., or refunds under any circumstances.
If you wish to speak with a technical support agent, please call 407.261-4285
- Which hotels are close to the park?
Elitch Gardens is conveniently located in downtown Denver and have many close options. Click Here to see them!
- Am I permitted to bring my own food and beverages into the park?
Outside food and beverage are not permitted, however, guests may bring in clear sealed water bottles. Guests with special dietary needs may bring in their own food. Please see a Security Agent for details.
If you, or someone in your family, is living with one of the eight most common food allergies, we encourage you to download our Food Allergen Guide.
- Does Elitch Gardens have ATM's?
We have ATMs conveniently located throughout the park. We do not accept checks of any kind at the park.
Credit Cards—American Express, MasterCard and VISA cards are accepted for all ticket purchases, as well as most dining and shopping locations throughout the Park, excluding carts and satellite locations.
- Are strollers and wheelchairs available for rent?
Strollers and wheelchairs are available for a fee at Entry Pavillion Service Center on a first-come, first-served basis. A limited number of wheelchairs are available.
- Do you have lockers available for rent?
Lockers of varying sizes and rental prices are available throughout the park. Please see a park map for locations.
- What is the park dress code?
We ask that our Guests dress appropriately for our family theme park environment. Shirts, shorts and shoes are required at all times in the main section of the park. Proper swimwear is required for all Water Park attractions. No thong or g-string type swimwear is allowed. Denim and swimwear with zippers, buckles or rivets are not permitted on Water Park attractions. For the safety of our Guests, we do not allow items of a specific color and/or style, identifying person's association with a gang, such as bandanas or belts with excessive length. Clothing with offensive material will be asked to be removed.
- How do I talk to someone? You didn't answer my questions!
Didn't see the answer to your questions here? Give us a call at 303-595-4386 or email [email protected] with your questions. All messages will be returned within 2 business days.
Warning: Fraudulent tickets are being sold on Craigslist and eBay. Tickets NOT purchased from Elitch Gardens Website or other approved partners in person, may be counterfeit and are NOT valid for admission. If it is too good to be true, IT IS!