Elitch Gardens Fright Fest Guidelines
The safety and security of our guests and team members is our top priority here at Elitch Gardens! Here are some survival tips to help you navigate safely with us this Fright Fest season!
- Fright by Night is NOT recommended for children 12 and younger.
- KiddieLand closes at 6:00 p.m. nightly and does NOT open on Friday nights.
- Don't mistreat our monsters. No touching the monsters and the monsters will not touch you.
- After 6:00 p.m. heavy fog, strobe lights, loud noises will be in heavy use.
- Guests who don't want to be scared - can pick up a no-scare wristband at Guest Relations located near the carousel. This does not guarantee a scare-free evening. Our monsters will do their best to avoid you, but some initial contact may occur.
- Elitch Gardens implements several layers of security that are visible to guests including in-park security patrols, Denver Police Officers, full metal detection and bag checks for all incoming guests and team members.
- Costumes and partial makeup are permitted but items such as capes may be restricted on certain rides for safety purposes.
- Masks or costumes that cover the entire face are not permitted on children over 10 years of age.
- Guests who wear costumes and partial make-up will be given a wristband at the front gate so we can distinguish guests from team members.
- Weapons of any type, whether real or plastic, are not permitted in the park.
- While our goal is to scare, the park is still family-friendly. Any costumes determined to be excessively offensive or obscene will need to be removed or covered.
Guests who violate the following rules can be ejected from the park without compensation for their tickets/passes:
- Running in the Park
- Use of Profanity
- Mistreating our monsters
- Line Jumping
Any violation of these rules will not be tolerated.
Notice to Parents & Guardians
All minor guests aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by an Adult Chaperone defined as a parent, legal guardian or other responsible, supervising adult at least 21 years of age who traveled to the park with the minor's party.
Beginning at 3:00pm, all minor guests aged 16-17 years must also be accompanied by an Adult Chaperone defined as a parent, legal guardian or other responsible, supervising adult at least 21 years of age who traveled to the park with the minor's party.
Adult chaperones must be able to provide valid ID, including a photograph and date of birth.
Adult chaperones must be present at the time of entry and remain within the park for the duration of their party's visit.
Adult Chaperones must have travelled to the park with the minor, be present at the time of entry and remain within the park for the duration of their minor's party's visit.
Guests without a chaperone who cannot provide identification proving they are at least 16 years of age will not be permitted entry.
This policy is subject to change at Elitch Gardens' discretion.
Elitch Gardens does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors; children and the behavior of all minors are the sole responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s), and parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
Minors in violation of the Elitch Gardens' rules may be ejected (without refund) or detained, in Elitch Gardens' discretion, as evaluated on a case-by-case basis. While Elitch Gardens may attempt to contact a minor's parent/guardian to have them picked up, this is done out of concern and courtesy, but is not bound to a duty or be held responsible or liable if a minor leaves the park, or for anything occurring after a minor has left park grounds.
Thank you for your help in responsibly supervising, monitoring and controlling minors in your care.
If while at the park you cannot locate your child, Elitch Gardens staff is here to assist you; however, we do not page guests. We suggest that as you enter the park you decide on a centralized meeting place should you be separated from any minors under your care.