Elitch Gardens Code Of Conduct
Here at Elitch Gardens, our top priority is the safety of all guests and team members. To help us fulfill our commitment, we ask that you honor this Code of Conduct.
The following behaviors or acts are not permitted at Elitch Gardens:
- Carrying firearms, ammunition, knives and weapons of any kind and any other prohibited item. Elitch Gardens reserves the right to prohibit any items at their discretion
- Unsolicited photographing or video recording that disrupts a guest’s experience or interferes with park operations
- Unruly or disruptive behavior that interferes with guests’ enjoyment of the park including running, the incitement of running, and blocking midways and exits
- Fighting or physical aggression of any kind, including verbal and physical assaults
- Acts or behavior that park management determines is a safety concern or that interrupts park operations or guests’ experience
- Harassing/threatening behavior, sexual misconduct or lewd behavior including inappropriate interaction with park guests or associates
- Offensive language or gestures
- Clothing with offensive language, obscene gestures/graphics, or nudity or clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments
- Intoxication or substance impairment that results in irresponsible behavior
- Loitering in large groups or sitting on the tops of dining table tops is strictly prohibited.
- Entering restricted areas including but not limited to ride Danger Zones and behind-the-scenes areas
- Line Breaking- includes leaving and re-entering a line for any reason or place holding in line
- Theft of any kind
- Selling park tickets or soliciting and distributing literature not sponsored by the park
- Refusing to follow verbal or printed instructions or cooperate with park personnel or security
Notice to Parents & Guardians
All minor guests aged 15 years and under must be accompanied by an Adult Chaperone defined as a parent, legal guardian or other responsible, supervising adult at least 21 years of age who traveled to the park with the minor's party.
Beginning at 3:00pm, all minor guests aged 16-17 years must also be accompanied by an Adult Chaperone defined as a parent, legal guardian or other responsible, supervising adult at least 21 years of age who traveled to the park with the minor's party.
Adult chaperones must be able to provide valid ID, including a photograph and date of birth.
Adult chaperones must be present at the time of entry and remain within the park for the duration of their party's visit.
Adult Chaperones must have travelled to the park with the minor, be present at the time of entry and remain within the park for the duration of their minor's party's visit.
Guests without a chaperone who cannot provide identification proving they are at least 16 years of age will not be permitted entry.
This policy is subject to change at Elitch Gardens' discretion.
Elitch Gardens does not assume any responsibility or liability for unattended minors; children and the behavior of all minors are the sole responsibility of their parent(s) or guardian(s), and parents/guardians may be held legally liable for all acts of the children under their care.
Minors in violation of the Elitch Gardens' rules may be ejected (without refund) or detained, in Elitch Gardens' discretion, as evaluated on a case-by-case basis. While Elitch Gardens may attempt to contact a minor's parent/guardian to have them picked up, this is done out of concern and courtesy, but is not bound to a duty or be held responsible or liable if a minor leaves the park, or for anything occurring after a minor has left park grounds.
Thank you for your help in responsibly supervising, monitoring and controlling minors in your care.
If while at the park you cannot locate your child, Elitch Gardens staff is here to assist you; however, we do not page guests. We suggest that as you enter the park you decide on a centralized meeting place should you be separated from any minors under your care.
We ask that our Guests dress appropriately for our family theme park environment. Shirts, shorts and shoes are required at all times in the main section of the park. Proper swimwear is required for all Water Park attractions. No thong or g-string type swimwear is allowed. Denim and swimwear with zippers, buckles or rivets are not permitted on Water Park attractions. Clothing that does not sufficiently cover undergarments is prohibited as is pants worn below the buttocks. For the safety of our Guests, we do not allow items to be worn of a specific color and/or style which may identify a person's association with a gang, such as bandanas, belts with excessive length and color-relevant shoes, shirts, pants and caps. Clothing with offensive material will be asked to be removed.
Elitch Gardens is a drug-free environment. Smoking is ONLY allowed in designated smoking areas, this includes electronic cigarettes (e-cigs) and vape pens. These areas are indicated with signage and blue benches. All other areas in the park are smoke-free and smoking is strictly prohibited. Please see the park map for the exact locations of the Designated Smoking Areas.
Conduct deemed by Elitch Gardens to be inappropriate for the peace and good order of the park, guests, or employees, and which may adversely affect the safety of others is not permitted. Anyone who violates the Code of Conduct may be subject to ejection without refund or the revocation of a Season Pass and trespass warrant.
Guests are encouraged to report any violations of the Guest Code of Conduct or suspicious activity to the nearest Elitch Gardens team member.
Elitch Gardens reserves the right to revise or modify this Code of Conduct with or without notice.